What is hair transplant in Miami?
A person’s hair can be an important part of their identity and how they are percieved. Hair loss canaffect them due to the condition known as alopecia, or baldness. This hair problem can affect both men and women, although men represent the majority of people that suffer from it and of patients that are eventually treated. As the causes and solutions of alopecia are varied, the most effective method to cure this condition is cosmetic surgery. Through this procedure, the intention is to completely replace thehair follicles of the affected area from those in an area where the hair still grows, in a way that stimulates growth in places it had stopped.
To practice a hair transplant surgery in Miami, the general data of the patient has to be kept in mind, like their age, the state and density of their hair in the affected zone and the donor area. In one of these factors we could find the cause of the alopecia:
- Age: Just like the appearance of white hairs, which come up due to the loss of melanin in the hair, is a sign of aging, the protein fibers that constitue the hair also diminish, then the hair is also weakened besides only losing color.
- Stress: Stress greatly influences the loss of hair, being the cause of at least three types of alopecia. This are the types of alopecia where the person does not suffer a total or permanent baldness if this does not become a cronic problem, then the person only suffers from poor density in the hair while stress is still present.
- Bad nutrition: If a person avoids consuming vitamins and proteins in their diet, it is likely that they will eventually suffer from alopecia by nutritional deficit, as it gets harder for the organism to produce new hairs. Having strong, healthy hair goes hand in hand with consiming the right food, and like this we can name fish and dark chocolate as specific meals that help in this sense.
- Weight loss: Along with bad nutrition, excessive weight loss, be it by said diet or intense constant exercise, it accelerates the loss of proteins in the body due to sweating, generating more grease in the hair, which is already weak due to the lack of proteins, making it more susceptible to falling.
- Carelessness in hair treatment: Hair mistreatment can be seen in various ways, be it in the quemicals that are placed on it line hair dyes, that weaken hair fibers, or when styling it with abundant use of hair dryers and straighteners, or causing what is known as alopecia by traction, that happens when the hair is put into tense hair styles for a long alount of time.
- Diseases: Sometimes, alopecia it’s not an individual disorder, but the consequence of a bigger one that produces said hair loss. We can name diabetes, and lupus.
In women, alopecia can appear due to a couple of reasons:
- Pregnancy: Even when, during pregnancy, hormones that promote hair growth are abundant, once the woman reaches the post-partum phase, this hormones significantly decrease, and the scalp is weakened. Alopecia after pregnancy is very common and is seen in a big part of women that have given birth.
- Menopause: During this stage, the hair’s life cycle becomes shorter, anf the organism starts releasing bigger quantities of masculine hormones, known as androgenic hormones, which greatly influence in the loss of hair.
In men, alopecia is much more common than in women, and is mainly generated by the genetic predisposition they may have. If a man has a direct relative that suffers from baldness, in most cases he will eventually develop it too when he reaches a certain age. Besides, they show large amounts of androgenic hormones which can increase or accelerate the loss.
Any of these reasons can start alopecia, so the next step is determine the specific type of baldness that a person is suffering from. Among the types of alopecia we find:
- Androgenic alopecia Caused by genetic predisposition which lead to the generating of androgenic hormones, androgenic alopecia is the most seen type of balding of all, specially in men, since 90% of cases in men younger than 21 and 50% of older than 40 fall in this category. The hair ir lost gradually and the look of it turrns limp and thin. The density of the hair is compromised, but there are no patches present, only an “M” shape in men. Most likly the person will find a family member who has this condition.
- Alopecia areata: It happens due to stress, and it is not hereditary, os the root of the problem is usually from external causes that originate said stress. Alopecia areata affects the scalp as this gets swollen and the hair falls in patches. It is the most common in people around 20 years of age.
- Telogen effluvium: This type of alopecia is known to turn the hair thin and brittle. It is also characterized by diminishing the density of the hair without patches, giving it the name of difuse alopecia, as there is no specific shape or pattern to it. The hair loses it’s strenght and health and eventually falls without a replacement of new hairs. The cause of telogen effluvium is usually due to chemotherapy and this type pf treatmants, and malnourishment.
- Scarring hair loss: Scarring alopecia can be the most painful of all the types of baldness, as the hair is replaced with scarring tissure, accompanied by inflammation, redness, peeling and pain in the scalp.
- Fibrosin alopecia: This alopecia is usually seen in women during menopause, as its a slower type that can last several years of showing visible signs, turning the hair weaker mostly on the frontal and side areas of the scalp.
- Other types of baldness that deserve to be named are trichotillomania, a nervous disorder where the person removes the hair by strands; traumatic alopecia, which is caused by really tense hairstyles; baldness by fungus which cause inffections; and folliculitis, where the hair follicles get so swollen they are destroyed and the hair cannot grow back.
Just like some types of alopecia can be cured with treatments if they are diagnosed in time, or even preventing the causes shown before, many times the only solution lays in hair grafs in Miami, solution that guarantees betterment even in the most drastic cases. A person who decides to undergo this microsurgical operation will go to the surgeon with the correct diagnosis, so that he can begin the procedure.
What are the techniques of hair grafts in Miami
As many different types of alopecia exist, with specific patterns and characteristics, and it’s appearance can be in varied parts of the body, not all the procedures when performing this surgery and alike. A hair transplant is a treatment of minimun invasion focused on the movimg of healthy hair follicles from the donor zone, to the receptor zone with affected hair follicles that do not promote hair growth. The techniques used for hair grafts are:
- FUT technique: Is the one that looks for the donation of follicular units by the extraction of a strand, usually extracted from the back part of the head which is, in the most cases, is the one that shows a state of contant growth. Firstly, the surgeon will create an incision and will proceed to extract the strand from the scalp, and after stitching the wound. Once separated, every one of the follicular units are divided, in a way that they can be inserte one by one in the desired places, and the result is a hair with an abundant look, with an almost invisible scar.
- FUE technique: With the name of Follicular Unit Extracting, the difference of it with the last one lays in the separation of said capillar units in the scalp, as they are taken one by one directly, and not on a strand to be divided later. The area must ne shaven before this, but a mayor incision is not necessary for the grafts made.
- DHI technique: Finally, there is the Direct Hair Implantation technique, where the follicles are also extracted one by one, and this time the surgeon uses a small tool known as the Implanter, with which they make these small incisions. This technique is considered more advanced as it possesses more control in the direction, angle and deepness of the grafts once places in the receptor zone. Besides, the follicular units last fewer time out of the scalp, which helps them maintain more strenght than those that lasg longer, and it is not necessary to shave the hair before extracting and planting them.
Every technique has it’s beneficts and flaws when selecting them, and die to this the surgeon will present the best option to the patient so they can obtain the best result depending on their specific needs.
Who can participate in hair graft in Miami
Already stablishing that alopecia affects a large part of the population, both men and women a few requirements that possible patients have to meet must be stablished, being the ideal profile for the person that want to participate in a hair graft in Miami. Because pf this, the patient must hace in mind the following points:
- The possible patient must have alopecia or a certain level of hair loss, in a way that areas that have to be treated exist.
- Said areas have to be exclusively treated by hair transplant, or be the best option the person has, as any other option have had to be discarted, like attacling the cause of said baldness. If the root of the afflition is not eliminated, it can make the hairloss continue even after the transplant. This can be diminishing stress, better nutrition or even try creams and lotions.
- It is beneficial for the patient to have and adequate age among the ideal range, which lays between 25 and 45 years old, as a younger person probably does not have a completely defined baldness, in a way that the transplant does not end the hair loss and this keeps falling even after the intervention; and for those older it may not be enough to recover the density or appearance that a younger person might have.
- The person must not suffer from any condition or disease like heart problems or diabetes, as this can put the person at risk during the procedure, causong conflicts with the administered anestesia, or the bleeding that can be produced with the technique that is used, even if the hair transplant does not result in big wounds and scars. Like this, it might affect the recovery from the surgery.
Due to all these reasons, the ideal profile of a persona apt for a hair graft surgery, is a man older that 25 who have alopecia or baldness which origins are hereditary or those that cannot be treated any other way, besided he must hace an optimal health with no heart problems and not be a smoker. In this way, the person is confirmed for a hair transplant and can become a patient in the preoperative stage..
Before hair grafts in Miami
Once its determined that the patient can continue, the preoperatice stage starts, where the preparations for the surgery are just as important as The cares during and after it, as it will determine the person’s health when getting the hair grafts in Miami, and their capacity of dealing with the invervention. The preoperative process starts with a series of examinations and hair evaluations, of which we can name:
- Tricoscopy: An essential part for the diagnosis of alopecia, it is the analysis of the hair under a device that allows the surgeon to obtain the information they need about the state of the scalp. There is no previous preparation needed, and it is done with the hair dry and the device directly in the head, or using a gel or special liquid to aid the analysis.
- Trichogram: It represents another way to analyse the patient’s hair. This time, it will be necessary to take a sample, unlike the tricoscopy where there is no need to take a strand of hair. With this strand, the specialist will place it under a microscope, paying attention to the shape and integrity of it. Sometimes it is only required to cut the hair, and other times, the root of the hair have to be examined as well, the dtrand has to be removed carefully.
Besides these, the surgeon can also request a blood analysis to control the levels of glucose, sodium, potasium, hepatitis test, AIDS and, in general, the bleeding that can occur during the surgery; and the clinical history of the patient, because their family background is an important factor in the appearance of alopecia.
It is required that the patient adjusts their daily habits before hair grafts in Miami, like quit smoking if the patient is a smoker, stop consuming alcohol or drinks with cafein or nicotine, and consulting the consumption or suspension of medicine. They must also avoid applying hair products like gel or sprays, or topic solutions like Minoxidil, as they might cause severe bleeding. It is recommended that the patient does not get involve in exercises like cardio, but they should massage the area where the transplant will occur, with horizontal and vertical movements to stimulate the zone and make sure the scalp is in good condition without any kind of alteration, as this may cause the suspension of the surgery.
The day of the operation the patient must be in fasting, without consuming any type of food or drink, and their last meal must have been light and easy to digest.
After hair drafts in Miami
The last step of the surgery is, like we have already metioned, the bandaged in the treated area. Once the intervention is over, the postoperative will begin. It is to be noted that the first days are the most important, and the whole phase would have this evolution:
- As the patient returns home almost immedialy after the surgery, they are not allowed to wash their hair and must keep their head elevated
- On the sevond day, the review appointment is due and the specialists wash and examine the hair after removing the bandages, stimulating the scalp.
- After the third day they can begin participating in exercises they could not before, these being demanding ones like cardio. They can also consume alcohol drinks again, and usual medicines like anticoagulants and aspirines.
- Before the first week the patient cannot be exposed to the sun. And a second review will be done after twelve days if the techinique used was te FUT.
- The hair will begin growing after a month and before that the patient is not allowed to cut their hair..
When are the results of hair grafts in Miami appreciated
The results are not immediate, as they have to wait for the hair to continue the cycle of rest and growth, and this evolution in relatively slow. As we have mentioned, they must wait a few months for the hair to gradually grow. Even when it is already in that phase, the new hair is less visble and thinner than that in other areas, like the donor zone, and as time passes this will turn thicker and will adopt a natural look that goes with the rest of the hair. To reach a look that satisfies the client, 11 months or a year must go by, after which the final result of hair grafts in Miami can be seen.
Risks of hair grafts in Miami
Even if many other cosmetic surgeries involve major risks than a hair graft, the few complications that might arise in this type of procedure should not be ignored, even if the gravity of them are not as worrisome. Among the possible risks are:
- Bad scarring: Scarring is an important process when healing the incisions made when extracting the donor zone. In some cases this can get inflammed more than it should and, even if it is not a big cut, it can be more visible than the patient can wish. Being more common in patients who are smokers, it is the reason why they must leave the habit before the operation if they do not want to deal with a situation like this.
- Infections: If the person does not maintain proper hygiene, it is possible that the zone where the incision was made gets infected, turning the postoperative into a more delicate process. Any surgery where precise cuts must be made have a slight chance of it happening.
- Loss of sensitivity: As in a hair graft operation the nerves are involved besides the scalp on it’s own, the scarring area might observe a loss of sensitivity, many times temporary and revovered after a few weeks, but in some cases it can be permanent, even when the chance of it happening is low.
- Facial edema: When bleeding is involved in a surgery, the surgey may inject more blood or the liquid called physiological serum for it not to be on a bigger scale. Said serum may produce swelling on the face, which is also temporary, and the times it happens represents a very small part of cases.
Important points about hair grafts in Miami
- Results will be more visible and satisfactory in people with dark and thick hair, even more if they have curls. In people with thin and light hair, the procedure might not be as evident.
- Some times, to get a hair transplant, it is necessary that the patient fulfills the hair loss process, so younger people or those that are varely beginning to show hair loss must have to wait before starting the procedure.
- Is the area to be treated is concrete, it helps the transplant, and the opposite occurs ehen there is no specific focus and baldness is dispersed across the scalp.
- The patient must not sustain sexual intercourse for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- The option of getting hair grafts in Vancouver must not be the first, and the person must make sure before that the kind of alopecia they suffer from cannot be corrected by any other means, like diminishing stress or fixing malnutrition.
The long-term intention of hair grafts in Miam is to completely eliminate patches of baldness of lack of density that alopecia can cause in people, improving their appearances and increasing their self-esteem.