What is hair transplant in Washington
Among the many cosmetic surgeries, hair graft in Washington distinguish itself as the procedure destined to treat hair loss. It is the extraction of hair follicles in a healthy zone that will be on constant growth, to an area in need that shows baldness or lack of density. Hair transplants hold an almost painless and efective way to treat baldness, and is also an latory process, it does not require hospitalization and it’s easy gor the patient to return to their day to day.
Hair graft is an ideal surgery for those people who suffer feom hair loss or those who do not have their desire hair density, which is usually presented in the head, but can also be needed in many other parts of the body, being done on the beard, eyelashes, eyebrows and body. Said hair loss can be caused by a scar made beforehand, or by the condition known as alopecia. Alopecia can come in many types, some being elegible for a hair transplant. Between these types we have the ones that depend on the cause, like:
- Androgenic alopecia: This is the most common kind of alopecia, representing most cases in both men and women younger than 30 and in older people. It is mainly due to the excess of male hormones called androgenic hormones, which promote hair loss. In men, who are it’s main victim, can be shown mayor loss in the frontal part of the hair, and a slow decay in the general density of the hair. Women can be affected by this type of alopecia too, usually showing less density, and losing hair first in the central part of the head and not in the hair inlets.
- Alopecia areata: Also being very commun, but not as much as the androgenic type, this kind of alopecia comes up mainly because of stress, affecting the hair follicles and making them fall and not grow back. It can also occur due to autoimmune diseases like lupus, type 1 diabetes and thyroids.
Besides these, we can also name other types of alopecia, like:
- Difuse alopecia: Under the name of telogenic effluvium, it distinguishes itself among the others by not having any specific pattern, as it only attacks the density of the hair and it’s health, in a way that the hair turns weak and thin, with no strength to hold, so it falls around the scalp withouth showing any patches, and once it falls it does not grow back.
- Scarring alopecia: The consequences of this type of alopecia are greater, and lore painful, as the scalp is replaced with scarring tissue, presenting inflammation, reddening and scaling.
- Alopecia by traction: It is cause not by genetics or the physical or mental state of the person, but the habits that they may have of using hairstyles with too much tension that pull at the hair for long periods of time, so the hair, when presented with this much tension, cannot resist and it escapes the scalp.
The types of alopecia can also be determined by the areas it affects, in example we have alopecia totalis, which only affects the head and it is the most known one; alopecia universalis, where the hair is lost in all the body and not just in a specific prt; and alopecia barbae, which is presented as bald patches or lack of hair in the beard.
In the United States, millions of people suffer from alopecia, 6.8 million of them having alopecia areata alone. The causes that may result in any of the types of alopecia named before, besides hormonal problems, stress or diseases, we can also name de excess of fat in the hair follicles, which helps with hair loss; there also exists poor nutrition, as the hair needs the required vitamins and proteins to stay healthy, and without them, the hair would turn weak and easily breakable. Alopecia can also appear due to the excessive use of hats and other accessories, by the hairstyles we named before, or the use of hair dyes and other harmful products for the hair. In the styling of the hair, there are more activities that can compromise it’s health, as administering excessive heat with the use of hair dryers and straighteners, as it can affect the hair’s health on the long run.
If a person wishes to prevent hair loss or hopes to stop the effects of baldness due to these reasons, they must need to consume the right meals, with enough proteins and vitamins like B3 and B12; reducing stress as much as possible, be it searching for professional helps or involving themselves in calming activities; and maintaining the correct care of the hair using only the product beneficial for it.
However, alopecia cannot always be prevented or completely stopped, specially if it surges by any of the reasons outside of the person’s control, be it because of genetics, diseases or treatments like quemotherapy or radiotherapy. When it appears, there are options as creams and lotions that stimulate hair growth, and if they don’t work the most trustworthy technique to get the desired resulta is hair grafts in Washington.
Which are the techniques used of hair grafts in Washington
The hair graft durgery can last from 6 to 10 hoyrs depending on the level of alopecia and the type of surgery that will be done, because of this, it could be considered as an relatively extensive procedure. For the types of alopecia that can be treated with a transplant, there are two possible techniques for hair grafts in Washington:
- FUT technique: It is known as the strand technique, as it is exactly this that is removed from the scalp in the donor area, a strand of approximately 1 centimeter of width and about 20 centimeters of lenght, usually belonging to the back of the head, and after taking it out the incision is stitched in a way it is not noticeable. Once completely separated, it is divided in follicular units, each one holding two or three hairs, and its placed in strategically placed in the treated area so it suits the patien’s needs. The FUT technique is recommended for a vast number of alopecia cases because it accomplishes natural results without needing to shave the hair.
- FUE technique: As the name indicates, the Follicular Unit Extraction technique is a procedure in ehich the follicular units are extracted individually and not in a strand like the FUE technique. Firstly, the hair in the donor area must be shaven off, which is not an obstacle as this area is one where the hair will always keep growing, and it is removed unit by unit. Every unit has an approximate size of 0.8 milimeters, and this incision technique is called micropunch. Following this, the area to be treated is slowly filled with these hairs in the most needed places.
Finishing a hair graft procedure, the intervened area is bandaged and the patient will be able to go home the same day.
Who can undergo a hair graft in Washington
To be able to request a hair transplant, the patient will have to suffer from a certain level of alopecia and have been affected by the causes of it, so they will show a lack of density or bald patches around the scalp. However, an ideal profile exists to guarantee an optimal result so the hair graft surgery in Washingtoncan permanently solve all these problems in the hair. Said profile involves:
- Age: Even if it is possible for younger and older people to participate in a hair transplant, the preferred age range in this procedure goes from 30 to 45 years old, and if it is done before, the alopecia pattern might not be completely defined and the patient might show hair loss later in their lives; and for people older than 45, the surgery might not be enough even directly after it, not allowing a complete recovery of density.
- Abundant donor area: For the receptor area to recieve a fair amount of follicles, the donor area must hace enough to hold the graft and then grow back on it’s own after the operation. Without this donation, there is no way for the person to deliver the necessary for the balding parts on the scalp, which stops a successful result.
- Good health: It is not a requirement just for this surgery, but any other procedure alike, as complications can surface and adverse reactions during the operation. That is whoy yhose who do not possess the probability of compromising the procedure or adverse reactions to the anestesia, and those who are not vulnerable to bad scarring and infections are ideal patients for hair grafts.
- No diseases: The types of alopecia that cannot be trusted by a transplant are the ones cause by diseases external to the patient’s health and, even if the problem is treated with this procedure, it will continue after it as the main problem was not attacked, as can be stress, or tricotilomania. It is recommended that the ñerson control said inconveniences and observe an improvement in alopecia before considering hair grafts in Washington.
Before hair grafts in Washington
One the patient has met with the surgeon to start the preparations for the hair grafts, the patient will find themselves in the preoperative stage of the surgery, an important part for tue patient to keep an optimal stare and guaantee a successful operation, which happens in any kind of surgical procedure. In this process not only is the surgeon involved, but also tricologist which are the expert on the scalp, dermatologists to examine the patient’s skin, and anesthesiologists to administer the local alopecia used before the incision or Incisions. In the case of the hair transplant, the preoperative can last up to two weeks and it can be done like this:
- The first step is to verify that the patient is in optimal health. A series of examinations will be done to ensure the health of the patient and it’s scalp. Between these we can find a tricoscopy, an essential part of the alopecia’s diagnosis, involving the analysis of the hair under a device that allows the specialist to obtain the necessary information on the state of the scalp. For this previous preparations are not required, and it is done “dry”, holding the device directly on the hair, or using a gel or special loquid to help the analysis. Another way of analysing a patient’s hair is with a tricogram, where, thiw time, it would be necessary to take a sample, differently from the tricoscopy where there is no need for removing a strand. With this strand, the specialist will hold it under a microscope, paying close attention to the shape and integrity of it. Sometime it is only necessary to cut the hairs, while in others, where the root is also needed, the strand must be removed carefully. Besides these, the surgeon may also request for a blood analysis to control the levels of glucose, sodium and potassium, along with hepititis and AIDS tests, and in general the bleeding that can be produced during this surgery; and finally the clinical history of the patient.
- The patient must suspend any medicine they may be consuming as a treatment, specially Minoxidil, and other like anticoagulants, antiinflammatory pills or vitamin supplements, as all of them can affect the blood flow, dilute it or stop the pass of nutrients to the scalp, and could lead to excessive bleeding during the operation. Likewise, they must have to stop consuming alcoholic beverages and smoking habits at least a day before the intervention. It is also recommended that the patient does not cut their hair in any way before the day of the surgery.
- The day of the surgery, the last steps of the preoperative involve the use of the blood extracted from the patient beforehand, which went through a spin process to separare the rich plasma in platelets, and inject this in the scalp, which will allow the new hairs to adapt in their position. Next, the surgeon will mark the desired shape of the hair, specially designing the hair inlets, and select both the donor and receptor zones. Lastly, the anestesia will be administered in the area, being the local type, as the patient will remain awake for the entirety of the procedure. In a few cases general anestesia is used, being the times when te patient is too nervous and can compromise the treatment.
After hair grafts in Washington
As it is known, the hair grafts is an outpatient operation where the patient will not recieve hospitalization and can return home the same day after ending the surgery. With this, the postoperative process begins, which is an important part that will determine the result of the hair grafts in Washington. It is important that the person follows the recomendarions to take care of their health and the state of the area treated. The evolution of the postoperative stage would be something like this:
- First days: The scalp or the area treated will be inflammed and be a little uncomfortable. The patient will need to avoid touching the area or brush it with any object, and will have to keep their head elevated, specially when they sleep, so the anestesia can be effective during the first night. On the second or third day the patient will have to return for a revision, where tje bandages placed after the intervention will be removed, and the hair will be washed for the first time.
- First weeks: Scabs may appear on the area due to the incisions, which will last a couple of weeks until they fall by their own, which is why it is not a big worry, and the patient may also feel a slight itch on the scalp. Starting after the first week, the patient will be able to go back to their usual activities like working and return to their daily rutine.
- First months: At this point, the hair will begin to grow naturally, increasing the density of the hair little by little. However, it is not until the fourth month when the hairs start growing stronger and more resistent, like the final result.
As time passes, the patient will be able to gain the right to cut their hair again, consuming alcohol and medicines like the ones named before. Like this, there is only left to wait for the results of the hair graft in Washington to show.
When do the results show for a hair graft in Washington
Just as seen in the postoperative, the hair graft results are not immediate, and are also not fast to get. First, the hair must go through the growth and fall stages until they reach the density and thickness desired, and this time the hair will be stronger and not as suscetible to falling. This way, the patient will hace to wait at least a year before the definitive results appear.
Besides the wait, the hair transplant in Washington is a surgery that provides efective and natural results in the scalp or any area that is to be treated. Because of this, it works as the ideal solution for alopecia and baldness in general.
Risks of hair grafts in Washington
Cosmetic surgery usually comes with a series of risks that the patient will have to desl with when making the decision of participating in one. Luckily for those who suffer from alopecia, hair grafts in Ottowa is a relatively safe surgery with the smaller probability of generating complications during or after the procedure. However, it is still needed to note which are these complications that might arise, as is bad scarring, where the scar that is usually invisible on the scalp becomes inflammed and visible on the head, which is the case usuallt for patients who are smokers; infections are alway possible in surgeries that involve incisions, and because of this, the patient must make sure they are maintaining a good personal hygiene in a way that the area is not susceptible to this situation. Another couple of complications of bigger impct is the loss of sensitivity in the donor area, as the nerves of this are involved, but this usually returns and it is only worrisome if after a couple of weeks there is still no sensitivity; and facia enemas, which are inflammations in the face due to the fluids added to the organism during the surgery to replace lost blood, and these facial edemas usually appear for a couple of days.
In general, the risks of hair grafts in Washington should not be an impediment for the patient and are temporary or easy to treat once they appear.
Important points about hair graft in Washington
- Hair graft surgery is a simple operation with low risks and easy to recover from. However, some factors can occur that complicate it. Like this, we can name the fact that there are people that suffer from complete baldness, meaning the area is completely be, and it does not have a donor zone, which can be solved by taking follicular units from a different bodypart, be it the arms, chest and even the pubic area.
- Straight hair can be beneficial in some cases, like it is when using the DHI technique, where they can be inserted easier. Even with this, curly hair gives a better result, specially if besides curly it is dark and thick, which gives the impression of more density than light and thin hair.
- There is no possibility that the hair falls again after a successful hair graft in Chicago, due to the hair follicles are replaced, and instead of them there are new ones that will grow permanently and will be more resistent to the hormones that promote it’s fall.